"Rush Limbaugh for President"
Claude is a student in the English Department at UniKin, and also the son of the Chair of the Department. The family lives nearby, and has been kind to me. Claude hates the Belgians and the French language, but likes English. More specifically, he loves American. He comes by from time to time to chat in English. Last week he brought by a list of all of the US Presidents and wanted to know if he was pronouncing their names correctly. Yes, other than Rutherford B. Hayes, he did well. I give him copies of articles from the New York Times that I have printed out. He reads them and we discuss them. When he came over two nights ago to borrow the Walter Mosley novel Little Scarlett which I bought at the Brussels Airport, he was wearing a t-shirt that said in red, white, and blue: “Rush Limbaugh for President.” After staring at it for about two minutes with my mouth agape, I asked him if he knows who Limbaugh is. Thankfully (I think it is thankfully), he said no. And when I explained his racism and misogyny and drug addiction, Claude said, “I wish I had known before I bought it.” Bought? I didn’t think to ask what it cost, but he is going to let me take a picture of him in it.

1 Comments:
my word
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home