Another Police Story
One day after I got my official “Carte Rose” (owner’s card) and insurance card from the Contributions Office, I was stopped by the police at a random checkpoint. The driver gave his license to the officer who then asked for the ownership and insurance cards. Since I had not yet made photocopies of the official documents, I didn’t want to give him the originals. Instead I showed him the official receipts that I had from the Contributions Office. Technically, the receipts are only valid documents for one week (after which you are expected to have the official cards), and it had been three weeks. All the same, after inspecting them, he handed them back and politely signaled us to continue on our way.
I realized that by detailing more eventful encounters, I might be neglecting the more straightforward, which are more typical (if less dramatic or “newsworthy”).
I realized that by detailing more eventful encounters, I might be neglecting the more straightforward, which are more typical (if less dramatic or “newsworthy”).

0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home