lundi, mai 22, 2006

Dry Season

The dry season officially began on Monday, May 15. I did not want to blog about it right away out of fear of putting a hex on it. But it has really begun. Perfectly on schedule. Last Monday, when I woke up it was about 10 degrees cooler than it had been the day before (perhaps 75 instead of 85) in the morning. I am not kidding. We have not had a drop of rain since then, and it is wonderfully cool. It is even cooler this week than last week. There is a slight breeze. The skies are gray and cloudy as if it is preparing to rain, but, I am told, it never does.

People in Kinshasa, like those in Miami, start wearing jackets during these cold winter months. Occasionally you see people wearing winter coats--fur even. The dry season lasts about three months so I may have seen my last Kinshasa rain for a while.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

your posts are like photographs. poetic

12:16 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home